Expected Changes to Procedures due to Covid-19
Your safety is important to us. The following is a list of precautionary procedures in place for the start of the season. As the Covid-19 situation develops we will continue to monitor our practices and make changes as based on the recommendations from health officials and Golf Canada.
On the golf course:
- Pins are to remain in the cup at all times;
- all rakes have been removed from sand traps; Local Rule:
- All ball washers have been removed;
- Powers carts are rented to single riders only unless you reside in the same household (ex spouses, children). There are no other exceptions.
- Power carts must be reserved at time of booking to ensure our staff are ready for your arrival.
- Physical distancing of 2m or more is enforced for all golfers. No hand shakes, touching balls, clubs, pins, etc.
- A maximum of 4 players may play per tee-time.
- The tee-time interval has been increased to 10 minutes to meet social distancing protocols.
- The club reserves the right to restrict twosomes and single players to tee-times after 12pm (on busier days) due to the limited availability of peak tee-times.
- The only washroom facilities are located at the clubhouse.
At the Clubhouse:
- When possible, tee-times should be reserved and paid online, as there is a maximum of 2 people (at 2m apart) allowed to enter the proshop at a time.
- Proshop merchandise and golf accessories are available for purchase but from behind the counter.
- Players MUST NOT arrive more than 15 minutes before their scheduled tee-time. If you arrive early, please wait at your car. The only exception to this rule is if you plan to use the range, you may arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled time.
- The clubhouse is closed except for the proshop and washrooms. Players may not congregate in clubhouse.
- The handicap computer is not available at this time. Please use your own personal device to record scores.
- The patio is closed. Food and beverage can be purchased “to-go” from the Spike Lounge.
- The locker rooms and club storage are closed.
- Scorecards and pencils are available behind the desk upon request.
- For your protection and ours, staff may not assist you with your clubs.
- Club rentals are not available.
- The practice green is reserved on 10-minutes intervals, for upcoming tee-times only. For example – if your foursome tees-off at 9:20am, the practice green is yours starting from 9:10am. Otherwise, if not in use, it is first come, first served.
- The driving range is open but with limited access.
Food and Beverage
- The dining room is closed. The Spike Lounge will be open for take-out, and call-ahead orders.
- The beverage cart is available throughout the day and will take food orders. ‘Tap’ transactions and house account billing are preferred, but cash will be accepted.
- Calls into the proshop for food and beverage services are encouraged and provided staff are available, your requests will be accommodated during your round.
- Members are strongly encouraged to open a house account with the course. Your credit card will be billed automatically at the end of every month.
Some changes your may see during league play include:
- The temporary elimination of shotgun starts to prevent everyone from arriving at once. We are considering having the evening league members book a tee-time between 4pm-6pm for either the front nine or the back nine. For convenience, that time will remain their time for the duration of the restrictions.
- As a result, the number of players we can accommodate for any league will be limited 24 foursomes between 4pm and 6pm. Earlier times can certainly be accommodated.
- Priority will be given to those who have paid upfront for the season. Pay-as-you-go guests can call each week to reserve/pay for an available time.
- We request that you not arrive earlier than minutes 15 before your reserved time. This is in effect for both morning and evening leagues.
- The morning leagues will remain mainly unchanged in terms of structure and will continue to be executed by the league organizers (The ladies captains and Ed Carnrite).
- We will do our best to continue with prizes, which will be awarded to winners the following weeks.
- Should interest exist, we plan to offer our weekly league specials as take-out items to be ordered and paid in advance and picked up after the round.